1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Music, sweet music

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, May 28, 2007.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Those are good points. I am a single guy with no kids and my own laptop, so I don't run into those issues. I assume that boots is a single guy (otherwise he has one pissed-off wife who is ready to murder an ex-neighbor), so those issues aren't as likely to come into play.

2. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

You want bang for the buck, try this: http://www.logiccomputerhouse.com/site/main.php?module=detail&id=11692

3. Flash

Flash Guest

I just bought a one-gig MP3 made by SanDisk, only about 80 bucks ... no software required. It's designed just like a memory stick ... drag and drop your files, hit play and get moving.

Not that programming my friend's Ipod (she's computer dense) is rocket science but I like to keep thing simple.

4. boots

boots New Member

What concerns me is the technology. I don't want to purchase a system that will be obsolete in five to 10 years. I see that happening with CDs and it is extremely difficult to find quality needles for my turntable.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

Here's mine ...

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Catalog(1161)-SanDisk_Sansa_m200_Series_MP3_Players.aspx

6. Flash

Flash Guest

I consider these things to be fairly disposable, considering the rate at which technology advances.

7. boots

boots New Member

I hear what you are saying. For example, for years I have been waiting on the DAT system to come out here. It hasn't happened.

8. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

iPods are so much better, I don't know why I didn't get one sooner. Not only can you store a lot of music, the iTunes store's great selection, and are easy to use, but you can create as many playlists as you want. I have one for my "light" music, summer mix, a special "psycho" list for when I'm at the gym, etc...

iPod is the way to go. Just ask one of sportchick's friends:

[​IMG]

9. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Boots, you are purchasing technology. It WILL be obsolete in 5-10 years. You don't purchase technology the way you purchase a new car or a home. So find something that works well for you now and play it by ear from there.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

5-10 years? How about 5-10 months? My dell is two years old and ANCIENT.

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

You may be right, Moddy.

But the problem is, stoob acts like a jackass on 99 of the other threads he starts, so it's hard to take this one at face value.

Not to mention, he's the biggest hypocrite on this board.

12. boots

boots New Member

From what I can see, there doesn't appear to be much of a difference in pricing between IPODs and MP3s.

Draft saved Draft deleted