1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Music of the moment (automotive division)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pallister, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I listen to XM online, flipping between Boneyard, Big Tracks, Deep Tracks, Bluesville and a couple of the jazz stations, and I'm not sold on it enough to buy it yet. (Mind you I don't get to listen to the sports on there.)

Boneyard and Deep Tracks play a lot of stuff I didn't like when it was new or stuff that's been beaten to death on classic rock radio for years. Given the flexibility of the format I certainly didn't expect to hear Night Ranger's "You Can Still Rock In America" twice in the span of six hours or so like I did one day last week on Big Tracks. (Who besides BYH wants that?) Playing "Every Breath You Take" or "Light My Fire" is not exactly ground-breaking radio.

2. blondebomber

blondebomber Member

That's not all over the map at all. Sounds like it all converges somewhere around Wheeling, W.Va.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah but you never complain when the same two Honeymoon Suite songs ("New Girl Now" and "Bad Attitude") get played daily on Boneyard and Big Tracks. :D

True story: I heard Damn Yankees and Night Ranger consecutively on different stations a few weeks ago. Made me giddy.

4. i saw steve perform Everyday from Spectral Mornings not too long ago. that's a good record. have you heard Please Don't Touch? i think that was released before he even left Genesis

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Ha, I can top that. One of the FM stations nearby switched to '80s rock, so at times it's like listening to Night Ranger's Greatest Hits.

For some reason, it's been sucking badly the last week or so. Not much Night Ranger.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Have they at least played Giuffria? :D

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

No, but I've been doing that with that 80s video site.

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Recent road companions:
    Santana, Live at the Fillmore '68 - Great driving to the beach music.
    Beck, Mutations - Trippy, psychedelic folkie driving home from the beach music
    Elvis Costello, Get Happy (Rhino reissue with bonus disc) - the man at the top of his game.
    Best of Delerium - Driving home late at night music

9. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

Gnarls Barkley ***
    Pink Floyd
    Van Morrison

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Which Pink Floyd?

11. tonysoprano

tonysoprano Member

"The Division Bell"

Hey ...you may also want to check out the soundtrack to "The Devil's Rejects". Lots of good classic rock.

12. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

The Replacements: "Don't You Know Who I Think I Was?" compilation on Rhino Records.

Widespread Panic with the Dirty Dozen Brass Band: "Night of Joy" (for long interstate trips).

The Raconteurs.

Draft saved Draft deleted