1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Music help ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bullwinkle, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

I'm trying to put together a video of "old times" for a friend's birthday, and was hoping some of you classical music geeks could help.

I'm setting it up so that it's like watching one of those ESPN Sportscentury things. I'm going to have some of our friends get on camera and talk about how big of an idiot this guy was, his highs, his lows, special memories, etc. There will be accompanying footage as well. Basically, I want it to look EXACTLY like an ESPN Sportscentury.

Thing is, I'm trying to find music that ESPN used...or something similar. Any help?

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Umm...not sure of how close it is, but "Titans Spirit" by Trevor Rabin is a great one.

3. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Yes, perfect! More like this.

Thanks.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

OK, some other suggestions:

- Last of the Mohicans (Theme) by Randy Edelman
    - Robin Hood Prince of Thieves theme by Michael Kamen
    - He's a Pirate by Klaus Badelt
    - Apollo 13 by James Horner
    - Rocketeer To the Rescue/End Theme by James Horner
    - Prologue (from Hook) by John Williams

Lemme know if you want some more ;)

5. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

the Rudy song.
    I could hum it for you, but can't do it with type.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Check out Explosions in the Sky's album "The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place." A lot of the music from Friday Night Lights the movie is from that.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Stuff by John Williams and Trevor Rabin is an excellent start. If you want something a little more contemporary, works by Dave Grusin and Chuck Mangione should help.

Look up their respective discographies and sample some of this. Surely something there will work.

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

the Samuel Barber "Adagio for Strings" from Platoon is always a winner ...

And I always thought this piece of music from Braveheart was really cool ...

9. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

Everyone's suggestions have been great...except for Steak Snabler's second one :D ;D

Keep 'em comin if you've got more. Otherwise, you've all been more than helpful. God this site is good.

Draft saved Draft deleted