1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Music help - where can I buy mp3s or mp4s?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Aug 8, 2008.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

My son and I have mp3 players and have purchased songs previously from Walmart.com (shaddup! ) Selection sucks.

I don't want to file share, or illegally download. I just want to purchase mp3 or mp4 songs for a buck or less.

Any help please?

2. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

3. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

Also, www.rhapsody.com not sure what format that is, but it has a plan with unlimited monthly downloads for ~13 a month, which would be pretty good if you were trying to build a library quickly.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Napster is good as well.

You have a fee per month, but you have a huge amount of tunes.

I have noticed that some artists are not on Napster.

Which site has the best selection?

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I know you can download albums from Amazon, not sure about individual songs. But iTunes is terrific.

Also emusic.com

6. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

What the hell is an mp4? The same as an mp3 only better?

7. Bob Slydell

Also, there are tons of music that have free songs to download. Mostly indie stuff, but still it's free.

8. poindexter

Maybe I am a real idiot but I thought you could only download songs from Itunes that play on Ipods - not mp3 players... correct?

9. Bob Slydell

I'm not sure. I thought they played on others, but I have an iPod so I never thought about it.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If that's the case, then you (I think) can buy it, burn it to a cd, then import the CD back to your iTunes.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Your best bet for mainstream stuff is Amazon.com. They're high quality mp3s and they're generally cheaper than iTunes. Selection isn't as good, though.

12. poindexter

Thanks, folks.

Draft saved Draft deleted