1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mushnick to Morgan: Do you know what you are talking about?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 20, 2007.

1. i don't pay attention to who posts what and I don't follow the various board personalities and conflicts, but it seems to me that somebody with 8,253 posts has no business telling somebody with 12,794 posts he's spending too much time here

what's the cutoff for having a life? a thousand more than you have?

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It's his new line. It doesn't matter if it makes sense, he's said it at least four times today.

Go outside and get a hobby. But why, when I have access right on this site to a guy who has done everything, knows everyone and is never wrong?

Why experience life when I can just ask you about it, stoob?

3. boots

boots New Member

Since you don't spend much time around here as you say. And since you wanted to get involved in this conversation that didn't appy to you, you would know that I post often.
    And since you don't spend much time around here, you also know that your comment should've been in a PM since there's nothing about your post about the topic of Joe Morgan and Bitter Phil.

4. Jesus, for once the guy didn't lie.
    (ducking) I kid, I KID!

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nice....

Maybe today I'll get to find out exactly why I'm a racist... I am all a-tingle in anticpation...

And Phil's right, to get back on track: Papa Joe has no clue. None.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Agreed.

Messing up a detail is one thing. Remembering a story as though it happened to you when it didn't is another thing entirely.

And though that can happen to anyone, you better be sure about the stories you tell on television.

Joe says dumb shit all the time. Lack of preparation has to be a reason.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Lack of preparation or an arrogant belief that he knows all?

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That might be the cause.

But McCarver is also completely arrogant, and yet, I don't get the feeling he comes into the games blind. He usually sounds like he has paid attention, at least.

Whatever the reason, Morgan is brutal and this is simply another example.

9. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Apparently your own rules don't apply to you.

10. boots

boots New Member

No because people like you want to try to drag me into the conversation. This is about Joe and Phil. Nothing else.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I thought it was about how much I excercise...

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

About 10 years ago, I did a story on a basketball coach getting victory No. 500.
    We did a sidebar about No. 1. The coach gave me some great stuff, lots of detail, a couple of quips.
    And, fortunately, the SE at the paper in the town he was in then is still on the job and a friend of mine.

I call and tell him I need that game box if he can dig it up, explaining why.
    "OK. But that wasn't the first game that season. It was the second."
    "No shit?"
    "No shit. No. 1 was at such and such a place. You want that box?"

I call the coach back and explain - I can hear him slapping his knee (or forehead) and he goes, "Damn. That's right. Hell, there ain't as much to say about that game. We won pretty good."

Point is, many years later memories slide a bit. Morgan did have a September RBI against the Phils that won the game. He fucked up the year.
    I'll give him a pass on that one.

Draft saved Draft deleted