1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mushnick to Morgan: Do you know what you are talking about?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jul 20, 2007.

1. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

When I covered baseball, we had "stats" and "player stats."
    Player stat: "I'm hitting around .290 and have about 70 RBIs."
    Stat: .271 and 59."
    Player stat: "It's about the eighth time I've beaten that team."
    Stat: He is 5-3 against them.

2. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Phil Mushnick is a dogged reporter for the Post (no, I'm not Phil), but he loves to stick it to ESPN every chance he gets.

3. boots

boots New Member

Phil has been doing this stuff since 1982. It's old and boring.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Mushnick is one of the best people I have met in the business. An all-time good guy.

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I thought we established that Norm MacLean was the definition of old and boring.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Clearly, you haven't read Bootsie's opinion of Skeletor.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm with T2. I'm sure it's an honest mistake. Not that big a deal.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Good for Mushnick. For the millionth time. I love it when he calls out the phonies and hypocrites. It never gets old.

9. patchs

patchs Active Member

We need more Mushnicks in this business.
    At least he admits when he makes a mistake publicly.
    Guy should get a Pulitzer alone on his John Sterling columns.

10. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Someone called Morgan out on his bullcrap?

Bravo.

Now, Mr. Mushnick, I respectfully ask you to acquaint yourself with a couple of gentlemen named McCarver and Dierdorf. Thanks.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I don't buy it. I'll never buy it. How old is Joe Garagiola? 80? He's just written yet another baseball book which is choked full of amusing old anecdotes about the good old days. Not one person has come forward and challenged any of this historical musings as being inaccurate. Same with Art Donovan when he wrote "Fatso," 20 years ago. he remembers the year, the teams involved and what the hell happened that made it note worthy. Arnold Palmer and Nicklaus can remember every clutch shot they ever hit in a big tournament, where it was and what fucking club they used. If you push 'em they'll tell you if the wind was calm or blowing like Rosie O'Donnell's fat mouth.

Yet Joe Morgan, who is too damn young to have dimensia, is pulling shit like this and chalking it up to "oops, guess I got 'em confused?" Bullshit. He pulled a Tim Johnson and got caught.

12. boots

boots New Member

Wow. I guess everyone along here is perfect and have never gotten confused about an event.

Draft saved Draft deleted