1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

mushnick rips carton a new one

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by shockey, Jun 26, 2009.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

obviously there's very bad blood netween the n.y. post media pit bull and the awful morning-drive WFAN co-host, but i also agree 100 percent with phil. carton is a grade-a jerk lowlife. it's quite unsettling to witness boomer esiason consistently lower himself to carton's level:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06262009/sports/moresports/capriati_is_latest_target_of_abuse_by_sh_176223.htm

2. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Just another winning effort by Mushnick.

3. Mediator

Mediator Member

I sometimes listen to that show and I was struck by how off topic it has gotten. Carton wants to be Howard Stern, bringing women into the booth with them and having them see how many hot dogs they can stuff into their months.

Get it? Hot Dogs? HAHAHAHAHAHA. Ha. ha.

Anyway, Boomer looks like a patsy for going along with this. He really is the only thing with any credibility there, and he should leave while he still has it.

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

If I were CBS, I'd try to get Boomer out of his WFAN contract -- it looks horrible for one of their NFL announcers to be slummin' like that.

I disagree with Mushnick that Capriati was ambushed, though. She or her agent had to have known what Carton's about.

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

The Daily News recently reported that the WFAN morning show is No. 1 among men 18-49 and 25-54. Imus' show never did that.

The theory is that with Stern and Opie & Anthony off free radio, the knuckle draggers are turning to the WFAN show for their raunch fix.

I don't know what they're billing. Sometimes stations have good ratings, but some advertisers won't touch them because they're wary of the content. But hitting the male demos as strongly as this show apparently is will lessen that.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Good for Phil. Disappointed in Boomer. CBS can't be too happy. I remember when Dick Ebersole told Mike Breen that he had to leave Imus if he wanted to become premier NBA announcer.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Phil Mushnik takes a "shock jock" to task for being mean and vile and telling crude jokes.....

Shocking, I say, absolutely shocking.

What is next, Mushnick taking Vince McMann and the WWE to task for being vulgar? Mushnick whining about teams using black and/or red in their uniforms to sell more merchandise with gangs?

Carton is a moron. Mushnick is a bigger moron.

Mushnick is a broken record whose tune grew old about 15 years ago.

8. Gold

Gold Active Member

Maybe not... I don't live in New York but I know people who do and I try to stay in touch. I had never heard of Carton.

Mushnick can be self-rightous, and I think Zag is right when he says Mushnick could beat a dead horse to a second death. I think Mushnick hit the mark here.

9. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Exactly. That's why nobody should write any more stories about A Rod and steroids. It's already been done. Just ask Vince <b>McMann.</b>

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I agree -- who gives a fuck about AROD - or anyone else and steroids.

And who gives a fuck if I can't spell the moron who runs WWE's name correctly and don't care to look it up, either.

11. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Your editor would. That accuracy thing is somewhat important.

Draft saved Draft deleted