1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mushnick on the NFL in Europe

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Oct 29, 2007.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Entirely possible. Problem is, I know soccer well enough to know that the perfectly played game is probably a 0-0 tie or 1-0.

And I sure wish it was 20 years ago and I was still playing.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

You see, that's where you're wrong. A well played game sees goals, and a bunch of them. Look at some of the games in England over the weekend. Manchester United wins 4-1. Chelsea wins 6-0. Champions League game last week, Arsenal wins 7-0, playing some of the best soccer you'll ever see.

There are 0-0 and 1-0 games, but to nowhere near the extent that people make out.

3. old_tony

A 6-0 or 7-0 game is not well-played by the team with 0 by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, if you give up 6 or 7 in soccer you were either badly outmatched or you played awfully.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

That's what you'd think from the scoreline. Manchester City gave it a real go against Chelsea. Slavia Prague could not do anything against Arsenal.

But at times you just have to admire how beautifully one team is playing.

5. old_tony

Can't argue with you there.

Draft saved Draft deleted