1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muscatine, Iowa - sports reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by studthug12, Jun 6, 2013.

1. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Can anyone tell me anything about this gig, as far as if it is a good opportunity.

The Muscatine Journal, winner of the Iowa Newspaper Association’s 2010 general-excellence award for newspapers with up to 10,000 subscribers and runner-up in 2012, has an opening for a sports reporter. We want a sports fan who can cover local high school sports but is just as comfortable gathering information over the phone for multiple stories all at the same time, while writing cleanly and quickly on deadline. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to get a start in journalism or for a sports reporter in a weekly market to move up to a daily.

Our desired candidate must also be comfortable with technology and be familiar with Twitter, shooting video and photos and utilizing other forms of social media to enhance our coverage and audience.

If interested, in this excellent opportunity, please apply @ http://muscatinejournal.com/workhere
  2. I know the sports editor, Nick Cusick, who is young but talented and a very nice guy. This is a small paper with a very local focus, and you could expect to do a lot of everything here. It's a decent landing spot for someone who's fresh out of college and doesn't have a spouse or children.
  3. Zads07

Zads07 Member

Wasn't this open a few months ago?
  4. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Nice area just SW of Quad Cities... I believe it is a Lee shop, correct?
  5. Right on both counts.
Draft saved Draft deleted