1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Murray Chass is back

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by cranberry, Jul 15, 2008.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

He may be out of his mind with grief, but it's stupid for Mr. Scott Newman to get in the middle of the Chass-Jolly thing. Whether Chass has a point is probably something only Chass and Jolly would know for sure. All kinds of things happen in business, nothing would surprise me.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Only surpassed by the stupidity of Murray using his new column to fight a personal battle.

4. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

It appears from the column that the two of them have a professional difference of opinion on the value of notes columns. That's fair game, and it appears Chass gave Jolly the chance to comment and printed that comment. It may well be personal, too, but the only indication I see of that is Mr. Scott Newman's post, and I'm not sure he would be a credible source on that. Chass could have chosen not to comment at all, but his column appears to be as fair as something like that could be. Not everyone would have sought comment. The guy consistently presents both sides of an argument -- that's something I've never seen you do here.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I prefer to present my opinion. I'm not much of a middle of the road guy.

As far as Murray's Sunday column. I felt is was lacking as compared to other Sunday baseball columns I've read over the years. Thankfully I guess that Tom Jolly shared my opinion. The new Sunday notes called "Bat's" has been a wonderful informative addition to the sports section.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Well, I have to agree with you, there.

Draft saved Draft deleted