1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Murdoch's The Daily on free trial

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by LongTimeListener, Feb 16, 2011.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Has anyone taken a look at this? I have been keeping tabs for a few days ... I don't think I'll subscribe at present, simply because the writing and storytelling isn't compelling enough. I don't recognize any of the names. But I see tons of possibilities here especially in the areas of opinion and sports, if/when they lure well-known politics/biz columnists from the NYT or WSJ or WaPo, and well-known sports columnists from wherever. If they can get the writing to match the display, it will definitely be worth my time and money.

One big asset to this would be if you are on vacation and feel like you're missing out on everything, they definitely recap the big stories of the day. Plus it's really fun and easy to scroll through. And it is approximately 700 billion times more navigable than a newspaper website.

Draft saved Draft deleted