1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muppet's father lands in jail.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Jun 17, 2013.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

The puppet won't be seen on the normal Sesame Street show according to the link, just some online show...but when did a show that was supposed to help kids count and read start feeling the need to teach kids that life sucks? This is depressing.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/sesame-street-creates-first-muppet-have-parent-jail-6C10345061

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Story never tells us why the Muppet's father is in jail, so I guess it's up to us to fill in the blanks.

He tried to tickle Elmo?

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I'm sure it was a hate crime of some sort. Those Muppets are shifty fuckers.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Alex learns early never to trust a bitch.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Since we've already had Bert and Ernie, Alex's dad won't be the first Muppet to get his stuffing pushed in.

6. Gilbert Gottfried is catching flack for making an Elmo jail rape joke about it on Twitter.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Can you repeat the joke?

(I nearly crashed once while listening to his jokes on XM)

Edit: I found it. No big deal - said the new muppet would get raped in jail by Elmo.

TMZ has some stuff from November where Gilbert offered to be the new voice of Elmo, along with some examples you will never see on PBS.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Approximately 1983, when Mr. Hooper died.

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Yeah, Sesame Street has been dealing with topics I guess you could call "touchy" for years and years, and done a fine job of it too.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Supermax Street.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

This Sesame Street is brought to you by the letter C, for Cellblock, and the numbers 2-4, for Years Sentenced to Jail.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Didn't the South African version have a character with AIDS?

I remember Artie Lange did a bit about Snufflelupagus having AIDS in one of his specials...

"Got AIDS Bird..."

Draft saved Draft deleted