1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mumford & Sons = The Beatles?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Pretty amazing chart feat, although they need a few more Top 10 hits at once to blow the Fab Four away on the 50th anniversary of their British chart debut.

http://www.nme.com/news/mumford-and-sons/66501

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I loved the first Mumford stuff I came across a couple years back. White Blank Page and Dust Bowl Dance were unlike anything I'd heard. But I've been reading some criticism aimed at how similar the new album sounds. The first song they released -- can't think of the name right now -- did indeed sound like much of their other stuff. I got bored with it after about 90 seconds. Guess I'll have to seek out the rest of the album and see if the criticism is warranted.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

This album sounds basically just like the one before. They know how to play about three songs and they just change up the arrangements a little on those three songs throughout the album.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Soon someone will compare Miley Cyrus to Michael Jackson.

6. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Miley Cyrus and Michael Jackson are both bipeds...

7. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

The new Mumford album is boring as all hell

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I like every Mumford and Sons song I've heard because they all sound nearly identical.

9. lesboulez

lesboulez Member

Mumford and Sons = Nickelback

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Seems to me people were saying the same thing about Oasis 15 years ago.

I love Mumford & Sons, but no one = The Beatles.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Read the article. In this regard, Mumford & Sons actually did equal The Beatles.

12. Dash 7

Dash 7 Member

Gotta echo the comments here. I liked the first album quite a bit, but the second is basically a cover's album. If you're going to be a one-trick pony, it's got to be a really good trick. With M&S, it doesn't really work.

Draft saved Draft deleted