1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Multiple reporter openings, U-T San Diego

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Larry Graham, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

No disrespect, but that's bullshit.

Again, I give Graham and Adams all the credit in the world for being up front and honest, but San Diego's beat writers will be the lowest paid in the country.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I sure do hope no one says anything bad or warns good people about bad jobs in the future!!!

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Shocker.

What makes these BAD jobs? You don't like the pay? Don't fucking apply.

4. Mizzougrad96

Great jobs. Offensive salaries.

5. cworsh4

cworsh4 Member

1. Somebody's gotta be the lowest paid.
    2. If that's what they can pay, that's what they can pay. Better that than shut down half the staff like in New Orleans.

6. Moderator1

So if that's a turnoff, don't apply.

If there are other issues about jobs, situations, etc., sure, I guess it is a good thing to bring them to light. But all we're doing here is bitching about the pay, or the two-year deal on some of them. Hey, that's what they have. Bitching isn't going to change a thing and, as someone noted, I'm sure the line is pretty long already. And I'm not sure you know enough to be sure SD's people will be the lowest paid in the country.

7. Moderator1

Fortunately for you, you don't have to worry about working for that wage.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

It's funny seeing Drip post this, since his behavior in the past (or with past usernames) could be part of the reason editors don't like to post jobs here.

9. Mizzougrad96

I guess the Washington Times pays less. :D

10. Moderator1

Actually, no. We don't. We pay pretty well. But I'm willing to bet a large chunk of what I make that you don't know the salary range at every paper in the country.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

You have acted like a fool on here and other threads Hank. I keep it very civil along the jobs and journalism threads.
    There was nothing funny about the post. I meant every word of it. If Moddy, who is in a position to make moves sometimes, doesn't post here. And there are other editors out there feeling the same way, it hurts guys/gals looking for work.

12. Mizzougrad96

If there is someone who works as a NFL beat writer at a big paper, who makes between $35K-$40K I'd be fucking stunned.

Draft saved Draft deleted