1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Multiple deaths, including children, at Connecticut school shooting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Almost all of these shooters wind up dead -- mostly self-inflicted. You think they care if someone has a handgun in their sock?

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The pro gun lobby doesn't give a shit that these kids are dead, or any child(or person) is shot to death in a school, in a mall, in a movie theater, in a theme park or any where. The NRA just doesn't care, the FoxNews republicans don't care, the TeaParasites don't care that these massacres occur as long as they get to keep their guns. End of discussion.

It's more important that Wayne is allowed to kill a dear with an AR15 than school children can live.
    Fuck them.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen what it means that the one classroom is "unaccounted for"?

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a hatred of other people. I think it's a complete and utter indifference. They're not people. They're numbers to make his "going out with a bang" all the more memorable.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Ohio governor John Kasich's twitter account just sent out thoughts and prayers for this tragedy. His voting record on guns:

Cool off before making new gun laws after Littleton. (May 1999)
    More parenting better than more gun laws. (May 1999)
    Voted YES on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1. (Jun 1999)
    Opposes restrictions on the right to bear arms. (Aug 2010)

http://www.ontheissues.org/OH/John_Kasich.htm#Gun_Control

Fuck him.

6. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Except for their home, there should not be a safer place for kids than their elementary school.

Fuck me, my kids can't get home soon enough today.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Entered classroom.

Killed them all.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

So that's all the deaths then. OK. I thought the "unaccounted for" was in addition to the casualties reported. Thanks.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

We have a President in his final term. I would guess he makes a serious run at more gun control in the next four years.

GOP would be crazy to oppose it.

10. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Our almost-15-year-old daughter will be home in 30 minutes. I'm sure she'll be mortified by the long hug she's going to get. Tough.

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

That might be even worse.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This whole thing sickens me, but as devil wrote Entered classroom. Killed them all. That really gives me a horrible chill.

27 dead is 27 dead, but just the thought of a whole classroom wiped out just makes me want to cry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.