1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Multiple deaths, including children, at Connecticut school shooting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Seems like there's almost always a report of a second shooter in these situations, and it's almost always wrong.

2. I don't even have the words.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Shooter is 20. Could be a young father, but somehow I doubt it. I shudder at the thought of terriorism.

4. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

I seldom post here during day time/ week day hours, because I teach in an elementary school. I'm reading these updates, listening to the sound of a 1st grade class up the hall, practicing their songs for our holiday assembly. I actually feel nauseous at the moment, it's just too much for me to get my head wrapped around. CNN is saying close to TWENTY deaths. Dear God...

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Reports that the shooter is (was) 20. That kinda makes me think he wouldn't already have a child at the school (although he could have fathered at 14 or 15). And at 20, is he a bit young for it to be a domestic dispute with a teacher/girlfriend?

Killing that many people sure makes me think there's way too much hatred for it to just be a random thing. And wiping out a room of kindergarteners?

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It is terrorism.

If you say it is not, we need to invent a new word for what this is.

7. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

It's prime schizophrenic break territory age wise. But until we know more about the person, it's almost impossible the speculate.

8. 93Devil

Eighteen children and nine or so adults?

Either this was a party, lunch or the killer wiped out the classroom and started killing people coming into to rescue the children.

I am just trying to picture how this went down.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

This is what the murderer used. If you support ownership of these types of guns, you played a part in this tragedy:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. 93Devil

Yep

Caress your gun tonight because one just like it wiped out a classroom of children who should still be expecting Santa tonight.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Chicago Tribune: 27 dead, including 18 children. Many more wounded. Parents rushing in to find kids lucky enough not to be hit with blood on them.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-connecticut-school-shooting-20121214,0,4229022,full.story

When will this end? How is there so much fear and hatred of other people, even children, in our country?

12. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

That was one cold press conference. No emotion from the state police.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.