1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Multiple deaths, including children, at Connecticut school shooting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Michigan Legislature stays in session until 4:30 a.m. to pass bill allowing guns to be carried in schools and day-care centers.

Should make a great visual on the evening news. Governor Kochslurper can sign the gun-nut bill on one side of the screen as dead children are carried out of the school on the other side.

http://www.freep.com/article/20121214/NEWS15/312140129/

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

On air personalities are news readers, and are often NOT great interviewers. Remove them from the teleprompter, and all bets are off.

Some jackass 24 hour news idiot just asked a lady whether she thought her daughter would be in school on Monday. WHAT. THE. FUCK. Do these news readers have ANY fucking brains?

Just heard there might be a dozen fatalities, including both adults and kids.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

This one's gonna be bad, maybe one of the worst ever, because of the victims involved, the way the media covers this stuff now, and, frankly, the outspokenness of people in the Northeast. You will see rage.

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

CBS said preliminary reports are 27 dead.

Girl I work with, her sister's kids go to school in Newtown but at a different elementary.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Devil's advocacy: Couldn't someone carrying when this broke out have saved a lot of people?

6. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

At first it was looking like 2-3 dead. Now I'm seeing 27. Jesus Christ. At least 10 are children.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Once the whole story on this one is out there, I think you would say, "1 percent chance."

A person carrying gun doesn't = prepared for a quick strike assault.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It may be more than 27.

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Dear God. Really? At a school?

When bullets fly, people get hit. People. Human beings. This goddamn bullshit of "if someone ELSE had a gun, they'd have been safer" is the stupidest thing I think I've ever heard. Yeah. MORE guns is the answer.

Sheesh.

10. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Devil's advocacy: Couldn't someone carrying when this broke out, who might shoot Maggie's Drawers, have made this a lot worse?

11. Dick Whitman

I watched all the early, early morning Aurora coverage. It was an absolute horror show on the 24-hour networks.

12. Dick Whitman

Yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.