1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Multi-media sports writer, Evansville, Indiana

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by gravehunter, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Late hours of the night, like 2:02:49 in the afternoon.

2. Zads07

Zads07 Member

Yea, yea, it's been a long week. Give me a break, I didn't get a call, so clearly I didn't get the opportunity to interview.

3. All kidding, Zads. Keep your head up.

4. STLwriter

STLwriter Member

So has everyone been called that was going to get a call? What's the timeline like for hiring this position?

5. I would imagine so. Sounds like Randy already had some people in mind before opening up the application process.

6. RandyBeard

RandyBeard New Member

As stated previously, I did have help identifying a few people before posting the job. However, only one of those made my top five list, which has changed twice since I started doing phone interviews. I'd like to make a hire as soon as possible, and I have a good idea where I'm going with this position, but it still could be a couple more weeks before some candidates can travel to Evansville. Again, I appreciate all the interest.

7. RandyBeard

RandyBeard New Member

I have filled the position. Again, thanks to everyone who applied. There were a lot of good candidates and I will be keeping at least a dozen resumes in case another opening on the staff happens within the year.

Draft saved Draft deleted