1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mulder returning to Cardinals

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=ApU8HI7CEoi8m5bW4z1UskARvLYF?slug=ap-cardinals-mulder&prov=ap&type=lgns

Edit: Happy?

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Re: Cardinals resign Mulder

I hope they bring back Scully, too.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I really thought the Yankees or Red Sox would go after him, especially after the success of Jon Lieber. But maybe they decided Mulder wasn't worth the risk.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Neither of them can really afford to wait half a season for his return. By then, the Yankees could have a big lead (what I hope happens) or the BoSox could have a big lead (what I don't want to happen).

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

True. I guess with Lieber the Yankees signed him knowing he would be out a full season and then return the following spring training. Maybe the Yankees didn't go after him after the non-success of Dotel last season.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Well, the Cardinals need bodies to put into that rotation, which has Carpenter, Mulder, maybe Reyes and ... uh, is there anyone else left?

7. Wainwright.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Unless he's forced to close games again, which was my presumption.

9. KYSportsWriter

God, I hope not.

10. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Yeah, because the Yankees and Red Sox don't have 15 other All-Stars to compensate.

Mulder's coming off shoulder surgery. He's unlikely to be any good this season. This is about 2008 and surviving in a market where Gil Meche gets $3.5 trillion for eight years.

11. KYSportsWriter

I didn't mean in terms of money, jag.

12. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

He's good for 11 wins and a 5.00 ERA

Draft saved Draft deleted