1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

1) it was never literally about haircuts. It was about being cavalier about the threat of Covid that they wanted to throw caution to the wind and open up. The haircut was our way of mocking them. But hey, masks work. Awesome news! Doesn't change we were mocking them.

2) It is just easier to declare things that are non-essential services have to close rather than going piecemeal about it. If we make an exemption about salons (which, fine can be mitigated with masks. Happy?) then churches get up in arms. Then bars complain. Then the local dildo shop wants to get in on the action. Just close things under a certain category. Everyone gets screwed but fewer get Covid. I'll wait a little longer for my haircut. Not that salons have actually been open in my county. North Carolina says it's cool, vaya con dios, camarada.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Being smart isn't supposed to be easy. That's why surgical strikes are harder than blowing up everything. But they work.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Now do riblets.

OscarMadison, Spartan Squad and SFIND like this.
  5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Touch 'em all ...

Spartan Squad and HanSenSE like this.
  6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Always hot air to spare.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

About a month ago, a bar & grill in San Clemente defied the mask ordinance. It was packed. A couple of days later, Orange County rulesmakers said that masks were optional and reopened the beaches. Irvine, in the center of the county, still required masks in public. A week later, there was an infection map showed a rise in infections throughout the county, EXCEPT Irvine. It had the lowest increase in infections. It's pretty damn obvious: Wear a mask.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  8. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

FFS. Keep the CONSPIRACY!!! shit on the Epstein thread.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Orange County is like Alabama, except for money, and beaches.

10. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Who needs a fucking haircut?

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Thinking someone who has been full of shit for 30 years is full of shit on this isn't a conspiracy. Coworker of mine had a two-inch growth removed from his right lung five years ago and was off from work for four months, yet fucko has plenty of energy to blowhorn his bile.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Dragoncon in Atlanta finally pulled the plug. They will be doing some virtual content, and people who had already bought memberships will have them honored next year. I didn't track the details closely as I wasn't about to go anyhow, but I figure that the city shut it down. It has taken this long to happen because the con had to be shut down from outside to trigger the force majeure clause in their insurance or they'd have been creamed financially.

Dragon Con Cancelled for 2020, Announces Virtual Event

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted