1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Holy shit, that’s good.

I’ve never been prouder to have grown up in Florida. Not many states have enough idiosyncrasies to fill an entire song!

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Most education funding is at the state and local level. The federal government's funding is around 9% of their budgets. What makes this blackmail by withholding federal funds (sound familiar?) even more reprehensible is that the funds that DeVos and Trump are threatening to cut off are primarily to aid economically disadvantaged kids and assistance for students with disabilities.

maumann likes this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Talking to one of our neighbors who is a teacher today. She is young and healthy. She is scared to death about school restarting. As she said “parents already knowingly send sick kids to school, you think they won’t with this!?!”

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's true. There are parents who just don't give a shit. I had a friend who is a teacher tell me about a student coming to school even though they suspected he had COVID in early March, before they shut it down. I wish I was surprised to hear about people being as selfish and careless as those parents.

maumann likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

People have to go to work, and there are a lot of moms who don't have sick time/can't get off that often. They give the kid a dose of Tylenol and send him to school. Some of it is careless and some of it is hard choices.

6. Neutral Corner

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Now there you go with logic and common sense.

Our supposed leaders don't want to understand this. It interferes with you-know-who's re-election. To him, lives in exchange for his re-election is a trade worth making. Especially when they're not himself or anyone he cares about ... assuming he really cares about anyone other than himself.

SFIND and maumann like this.
  8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Two and two? This guy needs to be smacked with a 2-by-4

lakefront likes this.
  9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

10. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

He probably believes that two and two = five

11. Neutral Corner

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

We have a president who is trashing one of the world's top experts on infectous diseases in Dr. Faucci and puts his trust in a man whose greatest achievement in life is hosting the "Love Connection." Is a comeback by the My Pillow Guy waiting in the wings? And we haven't heard much from A Rod lately.

SFIND likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted