1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Cruella DeVos speaks!

Only almost 15,000 children? These people are vile.

SFIND and Spartan Squad like this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

So loathsome. It ain't just Herr Trump.

SFIND likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I mean, clearly, teachers are just treating DeVos and Trump unfairly.

SFIND and garrow like this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Yeah. Those damned libruhl teachers, whose job is to indoctrinate Amurrica's children in libruhl values, are only objecting to the reopening rhetoric because they hate Our President. They're gonna oppose him no matter what he says. It's the teachers who are at fault.
    Fuck that.
    We don't know enough yet to reopen fully.

5. Spartan Squad

I know there's always a twinkle in my eye when I explain communism to my students knowing I'll plant the seeds that will come to full blossom in college and we'll bring down this capitalist nonsense yet!

(And sarcasm aside, teaching kids about communism is actually kind of fun)

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You know damn well that in April you had to have symptoms and know where you likely got infected to get a test. No asymptomatic person was tested.

Today?

[​IMG]

Brazil became No. 2 on May 22 . . . which is like Nov. 22 here.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  7. Spartan Squad

Keep defending that hill that all of this is just too much testing. Hospitalizations, percent positives, deaths are not too much testing.

Dog8Cats and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Learned this from a local supe: The Texas Education Agency is requiring all schools to offer face-to-face education five days a week. AND ... the maximum number of days a campus can close because of COVID is five days.

Moooooooooooo!

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's not what I was insinuating AT ALL.

It's a fact that testing was hard to come by in April and much easier today. It's simply foolish to believe that today in Florida was ACTUALLY worse than New York's worst day. Absolutely foolish and likely mathematically impossible.

It's like calling celebrating Hakeem Olajuwon for being the career blocked shots leader.

Yeah, because they didn't keep the stat when Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell played.

10. Spartan Squad

Fair enough.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He definitely handled it horribly. Teachers, like any other rational being, know he can't be trusted. They trust DeVos even less. Having those two try to force the issue made teachers feel even more unsafe. You had the president trying to bully schools into doing reopening fully regardless of the safety issues and you've got DeVos, who wants nothing more than to destroy public education, trying to be his enforcer. Throw in idiotic examples like what they are trying to do in Florida and Republicans have put teachers in a position that they feel they have to push back now before the entire conversation happens without them.

SFIND likes this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The next step for DeVos will be to insist that public schools couldn't keep children safe, so it's time to privatize all of education in the United States.

The only thing keeping her from being worse than President Trump is she doesn't have as much power. There was a time I had hope that he wouldn't be a terrible president. I tried to keep an open mind. Then he chose her as his cabinet and the only question was just how terrible he would be. She was arguably the worst of those choices.

Draft saved Draft deleted