1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

This is why I rail against contrarian opinions about this. They're dangerous. A few months ago, when that "Plandemic" video was out and a friend of mine said there might be some valid points in it, he also said that Youtube and other platforms should not have taken it down, that everyone should have been able to decide for themselves who was right.

Well, some people can't tell the difference between lies and the truth. They should not be placed on equal footing, leaving it for people who can't tell the difference to figure it out for themselves.

SFIND likes this.
  2. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

When the non-fiction accounts of all this are written, this will be the opening scene in many.

SFIND likes this.
  3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Another reason why I feel better about living in Virginia -- Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion don't feel like it's worth opening, even at limited capacity. Also, one of our events at the Homestead had to be canceled, presumably because the Homestead relies on an influx of European workers in the summer and that shit ain't happening right now.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If they're requiring masks, why are they uncontrolled spread states? :)
    It basically takes disasters and wars to bring Americans together. And if that's what it takes . . . no thanks.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

As opposed to Russia who bonded together over ... sticking it to America? Because if they didn't, the KGB would knock?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What in blue hell is a pandemic killing 130,000-plus if not a disaster!?!

TowelWaver, garrow, HanSenSE and 2 others like this.
  7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

More than 135,000 Americans are dead as a result of this pandemic. If this is not a disaster, then please tell us what is.

I heard ambulance sirens consistently near where I currently reside for 8-10 weeks following the initial spread of COVID-19 in this country. If this is not a disaster, then please tell us what is.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I’m 50-something years old and this is the biggest fucking disaster through which I’ve ever lived. Is it only a disaster if a building falls down? I think 135,000 dead people and the smoldering ruins of an economy qualify as a disaster.

Dog8Cats, TowelWaver, garrow and 3 others like this.
  9. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Agreed. In Trumpist/SEC places, isn't not that easy. A disturbing portion of Texas sheriffs say they won't enforce the governor's mask requirement, and the governor is clearly in their klan. He only put forth a requirement when the virus that he and his klan dismissed for months got so bad that dead bodies were piling up everywhere.

11. tapintoamerica

This is the thing.
    Trumpists spent April dismissing the elderly, saying that a disproportionate share of the COVID dead were old anyway and deserved to die to keep Trump's economy afloat.
    Then they moved to the declining death count, proclaiming victory over a virus they refused to recognize while ignoring the impending difficulties of their premature Open Amurrrrrica movement.
    In the process, they refused to recognize that the Trumpandemic is not the flu. It not only has a higher lethality; it apparently deposits long-term health complications at a higher rate. All of these are inconvenient truths to the Let SEC Footbawwwwl Live klan.

12. tapintoamerica

Here's a leader of the Trumpist klan in Wisconsin. If he's mimicking and mocking symptoms of the disease his klan ignores and disclaims, he deserves anything headed his way. Remember, children: Everything you hear in the libruhl media is simply an attempt to cancel-culture sports.

Draft saved Draft deleted