1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Oscar-

Your grieving optimism has pacified my wrath.
    My default factory setting throughout this has been disappointment. ANything is a step up from that.

And I think anger is a perfectly rational, human response to what's happening.

Big problem is you truly can't get away from it.
    The bloated pumpkin head and snarling face is everywhere you look.

I want to think we are going to see counterweights as a result of this election, just like we saw in 2016 (but in the other direction).

Mostly I just need a break from the site.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

maumann likes this.
  3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

You can't make up this shit, I'm telling you.

maumann likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Effect^

Cause:

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The Trumpist plan: Learn to live with it.
    Of course, it's hard to live with it if you're dead. Or on a ventilator.
    But if that happens to you, you're weak and you don't deserve to live in Amurrrica anyway. So sayeth Lord Trump.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

For someone who has no pets, Trump's got a well-trained lapdog in De Santis.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Kids are testing positive at Texas day care places. If there are positive tests in Florida schools, and there will be, De Santis will be lucky to live to run for re-election.

maumann likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Fox terrier

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  9. tapintoamerica

If he comes up with a successful voter-suppression/vote-counting strategy that delivers Florida to a winning Trump re-election campaign, he can name his cabinet post in the next term. From there, a lobbyist career. That's what it's about for these people.

10. Michael_ Gee

I wasn't joking. Some kid gets real sick, if Dad or Mom blows the governor away, they're liable to be acquitted. Since everyone in Florida is armed, the risk goes up. Also, you can open the schools, but will they come?

maumann likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

Nobody will blow the Trumpist governor away. The contempt in such a situation will be directed at the kid for being weak and dying and adding to the death count, which is being used against Our President. This is the way Trumpists think. They hate the victims of school shootings for dying. They harbor no angst at the killer or the legislators who facilitate access to assault weapons that nobody really needs.

Baron Scicluna and lakefront like this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Not everyone in Florida is a Trumpist. Not even everyone who's off their rocker in Florida is a Trumpist. He won the state by 1.6 percent.

Donny in his element likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted