1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Spartan Squad likes this.
  2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Geez. Good luck. I hate it for any teacher right now. It's a lose-lose, particularly in states with no bargaining power.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

There's also this one:

https://covidtracking.com/data/us-daily

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Glad to hear they are at least getting input from teachers. That puts them ahead of other districts I've heard about.

The ones near me have been good about that. In addition to state-wide committees, each district in my county has its own committee and all of the districts in my county are working together to try to stay on something resembling the same page.

The long-term implications of this could be interesting as well. Perhaps this will put an end to snow days, with schools just going virtual when transportation to the buildings is unsafe. I'm hopeful that this is forcing some old-school teachers to embrace the available technology, but I imagine we are going to be losing teachers on both ends. Some will retire early due to the current situation. Some younger teachers will say fuck it and bolt. That happens at a relatively high rate already.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

in other words, stay the fuck home

a thread

Mngwa likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Related: To quote Bruce Banner, this all seems horrible.

Medical companies warn PPE, critical medical equipment situation ‘not sustainable,' House memo says

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Singing and chanting in church is done without masks. At least it was at Pence’s appearance at a Trumpist MAGAchurch in Dallas this week. Most protesters wore and still wear masks.

lakefront likes this.
  11. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Pubs open tomorrow here in England (along with restaurants.)

Which is working so well elsewhere.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Trump, self-proclaimed wartime president, prepares to surrender.

Draft saved Draft deleted