1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Remote education, if done properly, is more expensive than conventional, in-person education because of the technology.

I’m amused by Trumpists who are braying about the need to get schools back. I agree the need exists. I am encouraged by science that indicates schools can return safely.
    I just think it’s interesting that the same people who have spent decades blasting guvmint schools and praising home schooling — one of the great oxymorons of our time — are now admitting that socialization benefits of public education might, in fact, exist.
    Caveat emptor. If your kids are still in guvmint schools, they might be taught that the world was not created in seven days and that evolution might be real.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    maumann and FileNotFound like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

4. Neutral Corner

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

LOL. Wolken is expecting college students to have levels of personal responsibility and intelligence the vast majority of Americans don't!?!

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

this is my shocked face

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

I truly believe that most Americans would give a "Let's catch Covid" party a miss.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

First prize: Presidential Medal of Freedumb from their lord and savior.
    Second prize: Lifetime ticket to SEC footbawwl games.
    Third prize (hundreds) : Three weeks of sickness.

9. Neutral Corner

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The problem with that data is it mostly comes from a time when schools were closed in this country, so children weren't being exposed outside the home nearly as much as adults. If you go back to the time before schools were closed, testing in this country was a joke and contract tracing barely existed.

SFIND likes this.
  11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Saban is making them get it so Bama will be free and clear by kickoff.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted