1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Lowest deaths since March 22 (she meant March 25 or 26).

Cool story bro. Deaths lag cases. Talk to me when we're two to three weeks removed from that spike from this past week.

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 11.35.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 11.36.05 AM.png

SFIND likes this.
  2. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you are directing that at me. I posted it for the ridiculousness of the comment.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So if record highs in infections are "embers", what constitutes a forest fire?

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

No, I'm using your post to rail on Trump's newest propaganda mouth piece.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I know there's one or two people here from Rhode island. Do they think the governor is really that bad?

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Gotcha. Embers. No testing means no cases. What a fine administration.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

New York still on pace for Phase 3 on July 6. But pumping the brakes on indoor dining.

I feel bad for struggling restaurants and bars but it seems pretty clear they are spreading events (inside). Now, stupid people packed it at full capacity with no masks is the major problem. Hopefully, when limited indoor seating returns, people will be smart.

It seems like the right move to slow down and collect more information.

We haven’t yet, but I’m looking forward to having a drink and some food outside at some places we enjoy.

No interest in sitting inside a bar or restaurant yet.

11. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

We're going backwards. Places that opened here, obviously too early, are closing again

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Speaking as a former Rhode Islander who has now lived in Texas for a little more than a year... RI is a weird mixture of liberal / progressive dems, Catholic / churchy democrats that are kind of moderate, and a Republican party that doesn't really ever gain traction across the state. Typically, the first two groups reach enough compromise to ever let the third have much of a say, except in the pockets of the state where they're continually re-elected (East Greenwich, Barrington).

Raimondo was elected in 2014 with only 41 percent of the vote, to 36 percent for the Republican and 21 percent for Bob Healey, one of those types that campaigned every year to abolish the lieutenant governor position and things like it, so, it kind of gives a sense of how fed up the state was with the existing establishment choices. She got 52 percent in 2018, though. She's seen as fiscally moderate and anti-union, but liberal on other things, which has made her popular enough, in some ways. I believe her "political mentor" or firm ally was Bloomberg, and she threw in with Biden once Mikey B. left the race. Her handling of the coronavirus has been incredibly well-received in the state, although its not clear what her next step is - She's term-limited to 2022.

Draft saved Draft deleted