1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

lakefront likes this.
  3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I understand what you’re saying. But I don’t think common sense getting out is a deciding factor in large spikes of the virus. I certainly don’t believe it’s passed but I’m not going to stay inside forever. Just trying to be smart about things.

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

We'll be pushing 300K at the end of this calendar year. That's at current rates. I expect major spikes above and beyond as people give up masks and social distancing.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

We have now had enough deaths to fill Michigan Stadium, which seats 107,601

53E09341-58E3-4063-B0E3-2F33F700F176.jpeg

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

is it seasonal?

2493682_web1_Flu-1918-19-graphic.jpg

good luck everybody

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
  8. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I fear that the protesters have spoiled efforts to halt COVID-19.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The news that two-thirds of new cases in NY were from people staying at home --- while everything was shut down! --- should have quashed that once and for all.

People HAVE to work. People in essential services absolutely HAVE to work. Some of those people WILL become infected. They WILL take that home and infect family members. It's a mathematical certainty.

There will be more cases NOT because "selfish people are getting haircuts and eating out and going to the beach." But because society has to FUNCTION.

Jssst21, Cosmo, daemon and 1 other person like this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I get that hair stylists, restaurant servers and lifeguards need to work. But it’s not necessary to have a haircut or go to a restaurant or go to the beach for society to function. Function is about needs. Not wants.

Inky_Wretch and SFIND like this.
  11. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Good luck to you, as well.

12. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Having a haircut is necessary in order for the person who cuts hair to function as a member of society. What is so hard to understand about that? This isn't some academic exercise. If people stop getting their haircut, the person who cuts hair stops making money. What is your solution to that?

Draft saved Draft deleted