1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

This is a very good point.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I know you are a dick and I've known that for some time now.

You've done your share of trolling. I thought you might like Jerry's act.

3. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The West Point deal had fallen completely off my radar.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That makes sense. There is just so much going on, much of it leading to far worse outcomes. It is easy to get lost in all of President Trump's awful behavior, too.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

So I went with a group of friends to a rooftop patio yesterday for some drinks and apps. You had to make a reservation. You had to mask up to walk into the building to take the elevator up top. They had a code on the tables to scan to pull up the menu. You could remove your mask at the table but had to put it back on if you moved around. Plastic and paper utensils, drinks served in plastic cups. Plenty of space between tables. They did the best they could to provide a normal experience.

Our reservation was at 4, and half of my friends decided that meant it was cool that they left the house at 4. They wouldn't sit us until everyone arrived. They're not known for their timeliness anyway. So that kind of pissed me off. Oh, and they had to close early because of the curfew due to rioting. What a world. But this is absolutely the new normal, at least in the city. We're going to have to get used to it. The idea of just cruising up to a spot to see what kind of people are there is probably dead for the foreseeable future. You'll have to meticulously plan everything.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

LIBERATE TARDINESS!

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Of course. Trump is just so busy tweetin' and repeatin'.

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

We've advanced to the "The President is bored of this problem, so he's going to declare victory and stop talking about it" stage.

See also: The Iran nuclear deal, Replacing Obamacare, and Getting Mexico to Pay for the Wall.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm curious why they're going to this step. Server has to handle the cups anyway, so plastic isn't helping with that. A glass under normal circumstances has to be washed before it's reused (or it had better be). Given there's going to be fewer people at one time, making sure glasses are thoroughly washed won't slow much down. But, good on them for taking adequate steps to keep people safe.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Plastic cups need only be touched once by the server, then thrown away. Also safer for outdoors, no broken glass.

OscarMadison and Spartan Squad like this.
  12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Man you'd really hate me. I'm always late.

Draft saved Draft deleted