1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

In due time ... I'd say about 20 minutes after the Caviar delivery guy drops off the brioche and latte tomorrow morning ... it'll all be made clear.

2. Dog8Cats

Dog8Cats Well-Known Member

Not a pussy. But I doubt he and the other BM qualifiers will take their assault weapons, don their camo running attire and try to take over Boston City Hall.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

What is the probability that your daughter doesn’t know anyone personally afflicted by this precisely because of the onerous restrictions but in place in her community?

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm not complaining about the restrictions. My beef is with the "Pshaw, such a complaining rabble."

And, to answer your question directly ... I'd say it's pretty small (the marginal reduction in her probability as a result of the restrictions), but that's only because we are rather narrowly connected 'round here.

TigerVols likes this.
  5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Quant's daughter is having a tough time, mentally with this process. A legit concern for Doctorquant.

So let's walk through this: In order to get Quant's daughter back to worrying about normal things for a teenager and no longer legitimately be upset because she misses her friends we must
    1) Wear masks when you go outside and might interact with other people in public.
    Dumbass American response: The guv'ment can't tell me to wear no mask! That's tyranny.

2) Please avoid places with large crowds or practice social distancing if you do go to such places
    Dumbass American response: It's muh freedum to go to the beach, dang it! I'm going!

3) If you don't have to go out, please stay home as much as possible. Go out to exercise or shop or take care of necessities, but please let's avoid unnecessary activities so we can keep the virus under control.
    Dumbass American response: That ain't constitutional! I'm going to the beach with all my friends.

So to sum up: Mentally having a hard time with this and missing friends is a normal response, so let's do all we can to get friends and family back together safely. Let's wear a masks, avoid unnecessary trips and stop crying about muh freedoms.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I try not to enjoy karma, but … y’know.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

True. In World War II, there weren't any states that had a disproportionate share of Army deaths. (Don't know about other branches.) Almost every state suffered as its portion of the country suggested it would. New York State, for example, suffered 10.12% of the casualties but went into the war with 10.2% of the US population.
    With this thing, New York State has suffered nearly 30% of the deaths while having < 6% of the country's total population. It has suffered 10,000 more deaths than all Trumpist states put together. It's no wonder that Trump and his klan love this thing and aren't lifting a finger to abate it.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I almost think they blew the opportunity with the whole facemask thing by not making them in camo. Dudes love wearing camo.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  9. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That is not good news. I wish him a full and speedy recovery.

10. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That might have helped. Others have smartly suggested red “Make America Great Again” masks. I would wear one of those for a laugh, as all my friends and family know that I can’t stand “Drumpf.”

Can you imagine!

11. Weir-d Science

Weir-d Science New Member

Very smart suggestion! Like Einstein combined with Sean Hannity. And there is now way anyone would imagine you as a Trumpist.

HanSenSE and Jerry-atric like this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

nuke the trolls

OscarMadison and Inky_Wretch like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted