1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

A polar bear fell on me.

2muchcoffeeman and swingline like this.
  2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Interesting to see what happens if someone makes the announcement on the p.a. system that "nine of you may have the virus".

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Follow CDC guidelines, get accused of being PC.

5. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Why would Sen. Biden wear a mask in his own home basement?

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

We've touched on education here, but it looks like things are going to be far worse than I had realized. The strain that Covid-19 response has put on state budgets is enormous, and many states have balanced budget laws which will require cuts. Re-opening schools will require many changes in the name of safety, for the students and the (older) teachers and school employees, and those changes will cost money. I also have to wonder how many teachers who have been beaten down during shelter at home will look at the upcoming year and decide not to return. I suppose that there is so much unemployment that there will be significant pressure to stay over and above a sense of duty, but there will also be the pressure that risking their lives adds to the equation.

I'm hearing a figure on the order of $180 billion is needed from the federal government to get the states through, and the Republicans are already balking at any more big expenditures (other than more tax cuts, which they can always afford). Traditional back to school is less than three months away. That's not a lot of time for Congress to get it together and come up with a workable program and fund it. The various states will also need to draw up priorities and a plan of action. This looks like a big bloody mess is incoming, and while I'm certain that school administrators are frantically trying to figure it out, our legislators are in an election year.

Not good.

Coronavirus, schools reopening: 1 in 5 teachers may not return: Poll

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The truth is most American adults don't give a shit about children. Their health, their education, anything. If it costs them a dime that's not spent on themselves, fuck it, it's Communism. Besides, many children aren't white.

lakefront, Inky_Wretch and Driftwood like this.
  8. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Glad you survived, @Hermes

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

He was great in "The Client" as well.

Donny in his element likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Governor should just pull her license. Put her out of business for keeps.

Draft saved Draft deleted