1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The nice lady who cuts my hair texted me -- out of nowhere -- asking if I wanted a haircut. She said she had had the virus and recovered, and that her elderly father who lives with her probably had it but was never tested. She offered to come over and cut my hair "in the backyard," as if that would somehow be safe.

3. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Outdoors are very safe compared to indoors, as the New York Times article attested. Good luck.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Probably needs the money. I'm assuming you told her no.

5. goalmouth

As at many salons, my haircutter rents her chair from the salon owner and is not an employee. My dad is in assisted living and I have an immune-compromised person at home, so I have to be extra careful.

6. MileHigh

And that makes telling her no the right decision.

7. goalmouth

Been with her for many years. There are many businesses in my town hurting. Local legendary diner is for sale.

8. MileHigh

Yup. Same here with my hair cutter. And it's an economic bloodbath here and everywhere.

9. MileHigh

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I've been with my barber off-and-mostly on for 30 years. He closed his shop about a year ago and works out of a room he built off his garage. I don't think he keeps his license active and I'm sure he'd cut my hair if I asked. Still, I wouldn't feel right morally if I got a haircut. And working from home it doesn't matter. Gel or a ball cap take care of the bushy mess if I out or on a Zoom call with colleagues.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Memorial Day at the beach. Fun for the whole family. What could go wrong?

This is going to be a shit show.

Draft saved Draft deleted