1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

In all honesty, when is a good time to start stocking the pantry with canned goods and non-perishables?

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Three years ago.

HanSenSE and TigerVols like this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Given the case is in Arkansas and Cotton lives full-time in DC, probably not.

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

In a planet with 7.5 billion people 8,000 of them have the disease.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter. The virus can easily refortify.

It shines a light on how inept the Chinese government is.

There is also the consideration that this virus is entirely man-made.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

That you know of

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

How is it man -made?

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I didn't say it was. I indicated there's a possibility. It's supposedly been 'debunked' but as we know there are liars -everywhere-.

Fact: This a family of viruses. The big brothers might not be so nice to deal with down the road.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

When you're a snake eater, sometimes you catch snake diseases. When the disease mutates in your body and you pass it on to your first cousin who's over for Christmas dinner ... surprise, you are Patient Zero!

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The good news is, this strain is not as virulent or deadly as SARS was. The bad news is, if this thing gets loose and goes global, it will thin the herd.

The key to it is containing it and slowing it long enough to get a vaccine ready.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Whenever some random NFL team jumps up and wins the Super Bowl, I like to imagine it's because God is playing with them on his ultimate version of Madden.
    I don't like it nearly as much when he decides to play Plague, Inc.

OscarMadison and Inky_Wretch like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Best speculation that I have seen is that the origin was in one of China's live markets selling various sorts of animals. There's an old Chinese proverb to the effect of "If it's back faces heaven you can eat it". This was a place to get your live snakes, rats, any number of other animal species to cook for local gourmands. Lots of animals crammed together in dubious conditions of sanitation and cleanliness led to viruses crossing between species and mutating until it infected humans working or shopping there. So it's man made in that sense. I don't for a second buy a conspiracy theory.

Draft saved Draft deleted