1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Why not just federal agents over to the CEO's house and have him shot to death resisting arrest? Or if that's too harsh, arrest him and throw him in a county jail and lose the paperwork for a few days. Might discourage this kind of thing, and Moddy, I'm sorry, but some people deserve what they're asking for. This isn't Joe Republican, this is a ghoul profiting on misery. Let him taste some of his own

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is the only responsible way to handle this.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I agree. Move on.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

That’s the thing. Trump can say “we’re back in business”. But people aren’t going to go. I run a Youth volleyball club in New Jersey. We shut down in early March before most schools were closed and “shelter in place” because parents were raising the alarm and saying their children won’t be at practice, it wasn’t worth the risk.
    Trump could open for Easter, but those people aren’t coming back until people are being tested. They aren’t stupid.
    Of course, I’m in New Jersey which is one of the hardest hit, and obviously isn’t delivering our electoral votes to trump unless he manages to wipe out a huge chunk of north jersey.

HanSenSE, TowelWaver and Roscablo like this.
  5. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

That's the voice of an AD who hates any sports other than FB and MBKC ... that's it.

Alma and MileHigh like this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Truth be told, they’re all like that. This thing is going to give them the chance to do what they’ve always wanted: execute sports. It pains me. Lacrosse is in trouble, and its rise has been really encouraging.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The campaign ads just make themselves.

Gloves off, Democrats, and get your knives out. Time to fight, if only for once in your lives.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

What will happen if Trump says back to work and any governors and CEOs agree will be a round of wildcat strikes. Guaranteed. But no government fiat can help the businesses most hurt by the crisis. Anybody making any restaurant reservations right now on this board? Planning air travel? Two good seats on the third base line? Gonna go the mall and browse? As Lenin once said, "the people vote with their feet."

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

We can go back 50 pages: This is a state's/local decree. Shit, we're not even on the same page here. We've got a governor (D) who has a statewide stay-at-home ban until April 26. A quarter-mile across a park, the mayor (D) of the state's largest city has a stay-at-home ban until April 30.

Trump can say he's opening the floodgates all he wants. It wasn't his call to shut it down. It's not his call to reopen it. Now, his health experts can say otherwise and governors/mayors, etc. can follow suit. But as Fauci said today, what's happening in New York is not happening in Kansas, is not happening in Colorado. Everything varies.

HanSenSE and tapintoamerica like this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Outside chance we get to 10,000 deaths during this week and need only six days to there

Draft saved Draft deleted