1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

NYC officials talking about temporary mass interments for Covid dead, daily home fatalities 10x normal.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

How would Jesus be able to protect her from a deadly virus when he can't even hit a curveball?

6. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

So someone else reads words into her tweet that aren’t there, and you think that makes you right?
    I guess you are also wondering if her tweet about 100 healthcare deaths are all at the same place.
    Finally why does it natter if they were all at the same hospital? It’s still 3 deaths (now 100) of healthcare workers.
    Again, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The chancellor of the New York State Board of Regents, which runs public education in the state, announced that the June Regents exams are cancelled. This is a significant indicator that the state is not expecting a return to the classroom during the current school year. There is currently no option for taking the Regents Exams online. The exams are required for students to graduate from public high schools in New York, so this could be a big mess. The announcement included a promise of more guidance for local districts Tuesday.

I'm wondering if they will waive the Regents Exam requirement for graduation, which would be an unprecedented step. I don't think they have ever been cancelled in a given school year. The exams relate are statewide standardized tests in core subjects (math, science, English and social studies). Students must pass at least one in each of those core subjects, though they usually take more, and five in total. So a student who has a pass in Algebra, English, Living Environment (science) and World History would still have to pass one more, such as Earth Science, U.S. History or Algebra II.

My daughter was supposed to take three of them this year. She already has everything she needs to graduate except English. There is only one Regents Exam in English and it is administered at the end of English 11, which my daughter is taking now.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Look, I go to you. I stick up for you. You no help me now, I say "Fuck you Jobu." I socially distance myself.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I saw an LA ER Doc on KABC-7 yesterday say that he has administered hydroxycloroquine to his very sick patients and they recovered in just a few hours...but he said the key is to combine it with zinc, because the hydroxycloroquine breaks open the virus cell membrane and then the zinc kills it (or vice versa). The reporter, being a local desk jockey, didn't press him on number of times he's tried it, does he have any investments in the manufacturer, etc etc. but still, maybe it does actually work.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Texas has waived its state testing this year, and individual districts are waiving a number of local graduation requirements such as community service. Graduation is gonna happen as soon as the all-clear is given.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Many years ago, a student stole copies of several exams and was eventually arrested. The New York Post, being the New York Post, published on its front page the test answer sheet for one of the tests.

Students were given the option of taking a new test, or just using their course grades for the Regents credit.

I remember this because when I came to take my test for that day (not for the tests that were stolen, sadly ;) ), several students were passing around copies of the Post before they were told it was cancelled.

Arrest made in Regents exam theft

12. Neutral Corner

Ok, that's fucking hilarious. Well done, sir.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted