1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Amazing

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Unit. Corps. God. Country? (or is that just Marines?)

They couldn't have just given him a Code Red?

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Agreed. When I heard the Navy guy explain why the captain was relieved, it made a lot of sense why they did it. I wasn't fully kidding when I said that's how Fox News would play it.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Re: Tennis

Has the net been sanitized? You don't know. How many times does a ball hit the net in the average game between average folks? A lot. Our tennis courts have been packed. How many times do you have a ball slip over to another court, and another person bats it back to you? Is their racquet sanitized? How can you know. Or if that person touches the ball and throws it back to you. How do you know?

I can totally see why tennis is included in bans like this. And I love playing tennis.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The USNS Comfort is a giant floating trauma unit. It’s not set up for epidemiology and was allegedly intended to take the non-coronavirus patients off the hospitals’ hands.

But nobody’s leaving their residences, so the kind of everyday trauma that normally goes to emergency rooms — and was expected to be diverted to the Comfort — simply ain’t happening.

I feel like somebody should have mentioned this to the decision-makers. Nothing more than a big empty symbolic gesture.

Inky_Wretch and lakefront like this.
  7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Just when everything seemed OK, those darn white folk decided to play doubles.

8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They ban pickle ball and the old folks will riot.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Fauci sounds like Hyman Roth. This is the business that I’ve chosen.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Just remember to wash them. Damp mask is a great breeding ground. That or put them in the sun. Sunshine is a great disinfectant.

lakefront, OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted