1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

People's Temple didn't have any money left.
    Trump University of Lynchburg has $2 billion in endowment and other investments.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I suspect some of y'all know/knew Tim Stephens, who used to work for the Orlando Sentinel a few years back. He's an old UAB guy, was hired by Gene Bartow when he was a kid, and worked for the athletic department there until he got a job writing sports for the old Birmingham Post-Herald. He's the reason I know about this board, actually. I had lost track of him after he left the Orlando paper, and when I googled him I got a hit on the journalism board here, saying that he had left the Sentinel to go to CBS Sports' online group. I got intrigued and hung and ghosted the board for a couple of years before I ever posted.

Anyhow, he's back in Birmingham, working for an internet company here. His fiancee has been in UAB hospital for a week or so with Covid-19, just got out and went home. Here's her story.

“I’m completely isolated”: A woman’s COVID-19 experience, from her hospital bed

The Alabama Political Reporter is a small outfit covering just that. When you see me throw up tweets from Josh Moon on Alabama politics, that's where he is as well. The article is by Pulitzer winner Joey Kennedy.

It can't be outing, 'cuz unless something has changed he's not on the board. I thought some of you might be interested.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know how much they got, but they had multiple properties in California that probably were worth some change and other assets.

7. Neutral Corner

Here's a video from Youtube showing bodies being loaded into a reefer truck outside a hospital in Brooklyn. It does not show anything awful, other than just the grim awfulness of the situation. The poor guy taking it is pretty well overcome. It's tough to watch.

8. Neutral Corner

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Death toll to 2,419 (201 since yesterday). Maine is off the list. Who will make the top 5?

Montana
    Nebraska
    New Mexico
    North Dakota
    South Dakota
    West Virginia
    Wyoming

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Not any more, they don't