1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Ladies and gentlemen, Cumberland has defeated Georgia Tech.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's why the feds usually run things. It provides standardization and a chain of command. We now have fifty little constituencies running in all directions.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  3. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I know I've used the Italy references a lot, but with some things it's still remained the same and now we're even outpacing them some on deaths over a similar time. So if we still use the Italy reference the end of this week will be when it gets really ugly. And it's a good bet it will be sooner.

MileHigh likes this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Nope. Totally on me. I committed one of the two classic blunders, the first being never get involved in a land war in Asia but [the other] only slightly lesser known: Never pop off like a smart-ass unless you know damn good and well what you’re talking about.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Oh my dear heavenly Jesus.
    I want to curb stomp my cousin right now. As recently as, I don't know FREAKING YESTERDAY, his daughter was under quarantine for possibly having it. She tested negative. But still. DAMN.
    This is a couple of texts I got from him.
    "8 cases in 60,000 though isn’t a lot. 1.5% nationally is the death rate"
    "It’s just a whole lot more likely to get hit by a cell phone distracted druggie on the road than death by corona."

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I understand this, but I'd be careful about making too many assumptions. If six family members are together on a picnic blanket, that's a lot different than six randos getting together to hang out. Same with people walking together. Are they part of the same group of people that have been hanging out together since this whole thing started?

Now when we're talking about 30 Chads hanging out on Belle Isle in the James River ripping bongs, that's a completely different story.

8. Neutral Corner

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The order is explicit: Stay at home unless you're walking (6 feet apart), running, biking, exercising or walking the dog. Yeah, it's nice out. Stay at home otherwise. But .... no one cares. They'll do what they want to do. F everyone else.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Apologies, because I forgot about the difference between orders in different states. We're not at stay-at-home yet. Sorry, I've been arguing on reddit with people today too and I might have gotten the sites crossed. :oops:

MileHigh likes this.
  11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

All good. No one is following any instructions here anyway. There are so many exceptions. Really, it's a joke.

12. Neutral Corner

Draft saved Draft deleted