1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Colorado's numbers today:

1,430 cases (31.7 percent increase)
    184 hospitalized (25.2 percent increase); up 100 in two days (84 on Tuesday)
    Percentage of hospitalized at 12.9 percent (down from 13.5 percent)
    Number of tests at 10,122 (plus 2,058; most tests in one day since reporting began)
    Percentage of those tested who came back positive at 14.1 percent, up from 13.5 percent
    24 deaths (plus 4), up 17 from Monday (243 percent increase)
    9 outbreaks at residential and non-hospital health care facilities (0)

After cases doubling every three days was declining, today's numbers are nearly double from Monday: 720 to 1,430

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A hopeful stat. In this month, traffic accidents in LA have declined by 90 percent. No better evidence that people are staying home. California has been the nation's role model for this crisis.

qtlaw likes this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Trump Lied. People Died.

HanSenSE and qtlaw like this.
  7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My cousin's daughter most likely has it. They are just waiting on the confirmation from the test.
    She is 17, in poor physical shape, and likely not smart enough to have taken precautions at her fast food career.

8. Neutral Corner

9. Michael_ Gee

People blow my mind. Elderly couple walking on the promenade beside Revere Beach today, man and woman on the street because a big senior center behind them had a positive test and is in total lockdown. Guy says "we're not letting anyone in our house, not even immediate family." OK, but you're talking on camera to a total stranger holding a mic three feet away.

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

You can scratch Idaho off the list. Sadly, there are three COVID-19 related deaths in the southern part of the state, according to health department officials.

11. Michael_ Gee

The idea only old people get really sick from this was bullshit from the start and should never have gotten a foothold among young people, who think they're invincible anyway. I know 17-year old me wouldn't have paid much attention to this. Fortunately my parents would have.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Draft saved Draft deleted