1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thank you. We'll do the best we can, as all of us here and across the country will. My profound best wishes go out to you all, and to the goobers on the other board so far as that goes.

Good luck, and God help us all. I have a feeling that the only way of knowing what happened to some of us will be the voices which are permanently silenced here. If I croak, it least I won't piss folks off with all the tweets any more.

:rolleyes:

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Hang in there. There is a clear variance to this: 10 percent mortality rate in Italy and something like 0.3 in Germany. Historians of science will someday know the how and the why.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Trumpists would rather die than admit that elites and experts are right.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. tapintoamerica

And another Trumpist hero/martyr is born. He takes place in their Hall of Fame with Timothy McVeigh, David Koresh, Randy Weaver et al.

5. tapintoamerica

I was going to guess that the answer was in smoking prevalence. Nope. In 2017, a shade under 15% of deaths in Germany were the result of smoking. In Italy, the figure was 13.7%.
    China, by the way, checked in at 21% and the US at 14.8%.

6. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

The U.S. is at 1.4 percent, so kind of in the middle, which isn't good by any means. I have a bad feeling it's going to go up too.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Good luck. Best wishes.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Tap, the piece I read tonight (and I can't remember the name of it, sorry) pointed to certain social practices in Italy. Kissing family and friends on both cheeks is a cultural thing. I hate to think it would be spread more by things that are so innocently embedded into the culture.

The myth that's been blown apart this week is that it will not attack the young and the fit. The results in New York City are beginning to contravene that.

maumann likes this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Bet he doesn't look directly at solar eclipses, either.

Adults, room, etc.

11. tapintoamerica

I encourage all readers of The Federalist to do as their preferred expert advises.

Meanwhile, the Governor of Mississippi, which ranks last or next to last in everything that matters, decrees that he will override any local orders and keep the state open for business as usual. We'll check back in a couple of weeks to see how they're doing.
    This is what you get when you vote for Trumpists, particularly in SEC states: Defiance to the point of disaster.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Wait till all the New Orleans cases hit, as well as all the folks from Mississippi who were in N'awlins for Mardi Gras.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted