1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Agreed.

Deaths are up from 2 to 20 in six days. Hell, just today, it went from 11 to 20.

Hospitalizations are up 44 to 147 in those same six days. It's more than doubled in two days (72 on Monday, 147 today).

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Good lord the daily briefing is a million times better without him on the stage.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

What's the point of immediate financial relief if we have to wait till May to get the checks?

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Two trillion dollar bill. $1.3 billion of it to hospitals.

They value us less than gum on the sidewalk.

6. Neutral Corner

Alabama's Gov. Ivey is all about sucking up to Trump, so she's talking about "putting people back to work". I just called her office and left a message saying that if she sent people back to work, I expect the capital and all executive offices (including hers) to be open to the public.

Then I saw this. I have not seen the text yet, but there is a voice of reason at least.

7. Neutral Corner

In Alabama, of all places!

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Is Alabama one of the states where the LtGov is independent politically from the governor?

I believe in some states the LG is elected totally separately so they can differ on issues if they see fit.

In most states I believe the LG serves more or less at the pleasure of the gov -- if they mouth off, the gov can simply fire them.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

You can double that for patients who need a ventilator but can’t get one.

Once we hit that saturation point, the death rate will take off like a rocket.

maumann likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Nope. Gov. Granny Ivey was Lt Gov. to Gov. Boobgrabber Bentley. The state Republican establishment promoted her because she was easy to puppet.

I've had no reason to like Ainsworth, or hell, even to notice him, until now. I don't *think* he can be fired. I don't know that I've ever heard the idea discussed.

11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

And once they run out, only the patients they think have a 50 percent chance will get the vents.

12. Neutral Corner

Yeah, I know. Both my wife and I are in the 15%-20% death bracket if we catch it, setting ventilators entirely aside. We're also in the "give them morphine and stack them in the corner" triage group.

She's a bit worse off because her immune system is non-functional when something attacks her mucous membranes. Severe IgA deficiency.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted