1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

wheeeeeeeeee!

Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 6.30.13 AM.png Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 7.17.26 AM.png Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 7.17.47 AM.png

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 6.07.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 6.05.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 6.07.38 AM.png

Maybe wear a mask.

wicked likes this.
  6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I went to the Kennedy Center last night. In the last month, it has lifted its vaccination requirement but doubled down on its mask requirement. Makes absolutely no sense at this point.

Side note: To Kill a Mockingbird was tremendous. Richard Thomas made a fine Atticus Finch.

OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

28 months later, still throwing darts blindfolded.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Masks only make sense if you're going to wear them constantly. Wearing it for a second only to take it off and spray aerosols everywhere is what makes no sense. That's why I scoff at bars and restaurants trying to force people to to wear them when not a the table. Pointless theater.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I disagree. Catching the virus is a function of mathematics. Wearing a mask is better than not; taking a vaccine is better than not. It’s easy to scoff at the guidelines but that’s because you’re conditioned to think medicine is some quick mathematical equation. It’s not. Dealing with an unknown virus that has never mutated like this in the history of mankind is hard.

lakefront and tapintoamerica like this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

As with most things, a point of diminishing returns is somewhere TBD by the person involved.

5 deadbolts on your front door is better than 1. 10 is better than 5 . . .

At some point, you say "Fuck it. I'll take my chances with X number of deadbolts."
    And "I'll take my chances masking here and here, but not over there and not for long periods."

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

My issue with masks is two-fold:

— If an establishment is going to go through the trouble of requiring something, universal masking is the lesser choice by a very significant margin.

— The only reason I can think of to require masks and not vaccination is because it’s easier to verify, especially in a venue like the theater. Which points to the larger issue that this country no longer treats COVID as a disease threat, but rather a logistical inconvenience. Which, truth be told, it largely IS at this point, but is so BECAUSE of widespread vaccination.

If we lose that vigilance, we’ll be right back where we started in no time.

OscarMadison and wicked like this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Went to three shows in NYC in late April, two on Broadway, one in Brooklyn. For ALL of them proof of vaccination was required for entry.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted