1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The mutating factor makes it extremely unpredictable. It's calling audibles at every given chance.

H1N1 took aim at children more so than the elderly. This seems like it's gunning for the elderly, infirm and those with compromised immune systems.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Agree, and I'm as much hoping as anything else. That said, while there have been deaths, so far (!) this one isn't leaving the dead strewn all over the way the Spanish Flu did. Part of that is modern medicine, part of it is that the spread has been somewhat mitigated so far, part is that we really don't know for certain how bad things truly are in China. I'm just saying that while it's serious, it does not appear to be shaping up as a mass killer all across the planet.

Pretty much the definition of cautious optimism, while still having a high degree of respect for how bad it could possibly be if things go wrong.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

This is a crime. Just add it to the list.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hopefully every Dem-controlled state is taking careful notes of every act of obstruction in preparation for lawsuits and legal charges next year.
    He can't pardon everybody.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

And everyone who supports or votes for trump is thrilled that he’s sticking it to California. While they scream and cry if you wish a slow painful death for rush and his cancer, they are gleeful about the possible deaths and illness of people in California with coronavirus .

6. Neutral Corner

7. Neutral Corner

8. 3_Octave_Fart

Next time I need care I am going to walk in there and specifically ask for 'elements of medical'.

What a complete dipshit.

lakefront likes this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Virus now in 50 countries.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted