1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Appreciate the thoughts, everyone. We're doing ok, feeling totally normal.

I guess I'm trusting those stats on infants, but more than that simply the fact that she seems just fine, is sleeping OK, no trouble breathing or anything. Her nose is stuffy, but thank all that is holy my wife is in charge of the baby snot sucker thing, so I don't have to tackle that.

If we hadn't taken her temperature last night, we'd have never thought twice about any of it.

Hopefully, it all stays that way.

Sounds like we're quarantined until April 22, even if our first vaccine was enough, and my wife and I continue to test negative. (We haven't gotten results from today yet, so maybe there's no "continue" to it.)

I Should Coco, HC, Octave and 9 others like this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Patchen

Patchen Well-Known Member

You've summed the response the Republican party. Nicely done.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Just as an encouragement, when our 14-month old son had it last spring he handled it like he would the cold. Hoping the same is true for your daughter.

That snot sucker is my son’s mortal enemy. That and the nail clippers.

Pilot likes this.
  6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

@Pilot, I hope everything turns out okay for your family.

Neutral Corner and Pilot like this.
  7. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Sent my son to the ER the first time we did nail clippers. In our defense, he was a preemie so when we cut his nails the first time, he was 6 pounds. The ER docs said they get 4-5 kids a week for that. Looked like a scene from a horror movie. Definitely a low point in my life.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I suggested to my wife we just let our toddler crawl around on the concrete front porch to wear down those things, like we did our miniature schnauzer.

She did not think that was funny.

9. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Does anyone know this? If you are vaccinated, can you still transfer the virus to someone else if you are around a different person who had the virus?
    I’m not asking to avoid wearing the mask, just curious because as we get more and more people vaccinated the transmission should theoretically be going down, as long as people aren’t dumb.
    Sorry if this has been brought up and answered before, I haven’t looked at this thread in a while and would have no idea where to look.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Let me Google that for you.

CDC Data Suggests Vaccinated Don’t Carry, Can’t Spread Virus

Fred siegle likes this.
  11. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I believe the consensus is that the risk is very low, but researchers cannot say for certain how low or declare it impossible, yet.

Fred siegle and Hermes like this.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He's been coasting for 55 years off one 20-second solo in "Journey To The Center of Your Mind." Essentially that's his entire career.

Draft saved Draft deleted