1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

My friends, the numbers today are quite promising! We will be “out of the woods” soon if people receive their vaccinations as directed.

It is exciting!

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

US Coronavirus: Here's how close the US is to a possible Covid-19 surge, expert warns - CNN

Another good line about masks and "Muh Freedom".

Dr. Ashish Jha, dean of the Brown University School of Public Health, told ABC the responsible thing for states to do is to keep mask mandates in place.
    "This is not just about personal choice, right, it's like if I were to drink and get behind the wheel of a car, it's not just a personal choice that I'd be putting my life at risk, I'd be putting other people's lives at risk," Jha said.
    "When you wear a mask you're not just protecting yourself, you're protecting people around you," he added.

OscarMadison and Jerry-atric like this.
  3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I get my first shot Thursday.
    So I may be in a bad mood for a couple days after that.

Just in case anybody's wondering. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Richmond/Henrico opened up vaccinations to the entirety of group 1B today, which includes me. I'm on the hunt ...

OscarMadison and TigerVols like this.
  6. Jerry-atric

Happy days are here again, the skies above are clear again!

NEW YORK (AP) — Fully-vaccinated Americans can gather with other vaccinated people indoors without wearing a mask or social distancing, according to long-awaited guidance from federal health officials.

The recommendations also say that vaccinated people can come together in the same way with people considered at low-risk for severe disease, such as in the case of vaccinated grandparents visiting healthy children and grandchildren.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced the guidance Monday.

7. Jerry-atric

Some of them merely because they are ugly, not due to COVID 19.

I am jesting!

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

After the past four years, what sentient being believes anything the CDC says.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Jerry-atric

It’s likely that fully vaccinated people can still infect one another.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well it helps if it's not under the control of a genocidal anti-science dictator.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The good news is that at some point its roulette wheel will stop on something everybody believes.

Draft saved Draft deleted