1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Masks should be here to stay, in most situations.

2. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Twenty-four hours after my first post, I've still got a headache and am pretty sore. The fever has broken, so I'm going to try and head in to work today.

Despite feeling awful yesterday, I'm both glad and grateful to have gotten the vaccine. If we all do our part, get the shot, wear masks, and so on, maybe we can finally put an end to this pandemic.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm getting my second Pfizer dose on March 19, so your posts on this are of particular interest to me. I will take Tylenol as soon as I get home from the vaccination and prepare myself to be miserable. Fortunately, my shot date is a Friday, so I won't miss too much if I have a day or so in bed.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’m really hoping for a Friday shot. But given I’ve had Covid, I don’t know how my body will react, if at all.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

My wife had a sore arm from the second dose of Pfizer, and said she was a bit achy, but went about work as normal.

I, on the other hand, got walloped. Everyone's mileage seems to vary, though there are fewer reactions like mine to Pfizer than there seem to be to Moderna. A number of friends got Moderna, and all of them had a rough couple of days afterward.

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

What @Jerry-atric thinks his sock puppet account says about him:

99650602-9273-4333-9EFC-366C52F538FA.jpeg

What it says about him:
    B5C0309E-5931-4D8A-91CB-09C55A41CD4D.jpeg

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My sister said the second one kicked her ass for about 36 hours. She said my dad lived on Ibuprofen for a day. I’m thanking Tebow I God l’m getting my second dose on a Friday.

OscarMadison and Jerry-atric like this.
  8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

We would have a new president every two inn... months and no one would ever be expected to make a sacrifice.

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

SFIND and Jerry-atric like this.
  10. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Who are you fooling? You’re retired - every day is Saturday!

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Even us old farts have appointments, business phone calls and Zoom meetings. Not many, but not none either.

Jerry-atric likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted