1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Hebrew calendar is a Lunar calendar.

Starman likes this.
  2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

To some degree, I think there's probably a floor both in terms of case numbers and periods of time, where behavior modification alone can take bites out of the figures. For example, the weather here in Minnesota was downright balmy last week, and after tonight ends a two-day period of seasonably shitty, it's supposed to be balmy again for another week or so, so people have motive to leave their homes again. Vaccine distribution was always going to have to finish the job.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

4. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

People need to stay home.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Nothing really changing. Cases are dropping again, but a bit slower than they were a few weeks ago. I think mobility data shows people are starting to be more active after being scared into staying home in January.

Hospitalizations continue to drop rapidly, more quickly than cases, which makes sense as we vaccinated or are vaccinating the most at-risk. A handful of states that I keep an eye on because of relatives or past experience have reached all-pandemic lows in hospitalizations. The US as a whole is on pace to get there about March 20.

MileHigh and wicked like this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It was a little joke.

JFC, is there some contest to see who can be the biggest tight-ass here or something? :rolleyes:

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Whoever knew there would be a demand for COVID sabermetrics? Biden needs to find this guy a job.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

That would be a hoot!

9. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

COVID 19 is no joke.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Biden's WAR is on the upswing.