1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Got my mom a Pfizer shot last night at Walgreens. Their system is an absolute cluster, though. They require you to sign up for a second dose at the same time — even though they only post appointments three days ahead of time it appears. So I kept fooling around until I somehow could get her first appointment scheduled. Then I somehow got a second appointment scheduled for later that night — not intentional. Feel bad if a dose was wasted, but I’m hoping they have some safeguards in place for that kind of thing.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It was hardly "negligent" when Fatfuck and his minions were intentionally directing equipment, resources and funding away from states whose leaders failed to sufficiently slurp his balls in public.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Depraved heart second degree murder times 400,000. That’s mass murder perpetrated in the name of Christian Conservatism.

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

My folks told me they're up for the vaccine on Friday. Dad is the director of the local senior center and Mom helps out, so they got to take a step or two ahead of most of the line, though they're both in their early 60s so they weren't going to be waiting much longer anyway.

EDIT: I should note that Dad started the discussion with the phrase, "Your mother and I ...," which I scolded him for.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The J & J vax, which will be distributed soon, isn't quite as effective as Moderna or Pfizer. So, make it available to the 18-30 crowd, which isn't as vulnerable and doesn't get as serious symptoms. Save the most effective for the most vulnerable.

In my county, that group 18-29 has the highest level of infection, by far (about 80% of cases), and is the demographic keeping my county in near-complete shutdown while the rest of our state is opening up dramatically. Some 4,000 or 5,000 shots to the college kids in Microville would stop Covid in its tracks in my county and could be distributed in two or three days, right on campus, which has already set up a vax site at the football stadium.

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Vaccine No. 2 today at Disneyland. Took 35 minutes. I got there early and was done right at my appointment time.
    They opened a new SuperPod at the Anaheim Convention Center, which is across the street from Disneyland. Today was only for second doses. Pfizer at Disneyland, Moderna at the Convention Center. I think there were more people working there than actually going there for vaccines.
    Now, if I don't get sick tonight, it'll be a good day.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Same story as the rest of the week: Cases plateauing, maybe even rising slightly. Could be that last week was a holiday+snowstorm week and we're catching the backlog now, or it could be the beginning of a new trend.

I do like the fact that hospital census is dropping despite all that.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I will report back after my first shot on Friday, assuming I don't have a severe reaction. I have a supersevere life-threatening allergic reaction to Brazil nuts, but I really doubt that's an ingredient in the Pfizer vaccine.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Charge the minion, go after the minion’s boss.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The planned deliveries for March should be enough for about 2.5x as many people as we delivered in February.

micropolitan guy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted