1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

RickStain likes this.
  2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Daniel-
    We've got to get more Airplane into the Animal House / Blues Brothers / Revenge of the Nerds / Trading Places rotation, here.

I will ask my staff of zero to get on that this afternoon.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I like the handle change, Octave. It brings to mind vocal range rather than foul winds ... :)

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  4. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

Thank you, good sir. I needed a rebranding, like the Washington Football Team. Enough was enough.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

At least you didn’t rebrand as Fart Football Team.

OscarMadison and Octave like this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Octave likes this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Warp speed, indeed.

About 16,000 to get vaccinated at Charlotte Motor Speedway this weekend.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

My BIL was there this morning, doing the Facebook live thing as he waited in traffic.

On a related note, your humble correspondent got his first stick (Moderna) this morning. I signed up in the overall system a few weeks ago, thinking it'd probably be March or April, but was stunned to get a text/call/email on Wednesday telling me to be there today. Not really sure how I wound up being scheduled so soon -- I'm sure my COMPLETELY INADVERTENT signing up as a 72YO dialysis patient living in a group home had nothing to do with it [/bluefont] -- but when I got there they said there'd been a few odd instances of such and not to worry about it.

By my cocktail-napkin estimation they were sticking 300 to 400 people an hour.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

We've had the same thing happen. If they don't get enough people booked and they want to use up all the doses, they'll call non-clinical personnel and offer them the vaccine. I think Pfizer comes in lots of 500 or so and once it's opened it will go bad if not used in a few hours.

maumann likes this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

What if you hadn't been able to get there today? (Car trouble, caught in a long meeting when the email arrived, etc.) Did the email include any indication of what your next opportunity would have been?

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Finally NASCAR is good for something.
    Those places would seem to be perfect for this. Spacious, plenty of on-site parking, etc.
    Wonder if, for example, Talladega or other tracks in states governed by Trumpists will follow the example.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The appointment window was from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., so there was plenty of wiggle room on that front. Further, the email said that if that time window didn't work I could come anytime today (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.), even though they were trying to spread arrivals out.

There were no alternate date options given ... I was given the option of not confirming but I have no idea what that would have led to.

Draft saved Draft deleted