1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The biggest impediment to fighting the virus was Trump not dying early on.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Just read a report in the LAT that said California’s plan to vaccinate 65+ will take until June which means us Gen-X types or younger will not have a chance to get jabbed for months.
    I think the idea that sports and social activities resume this spring is far-fetched. Dammit.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I believe it. My county expanded from hospitals and first responders to those 65 and older. Within 2 days, they overbooked appointments and don’t have the supply to cover it and it’s now active over 75. My step mom got her first dose but they wouldn’t let her schedule her second.

Meanwhile, the system is so screwed up, I have 2 family members who got it who are in their 30s. My mother in law is 60 but she got it because she volunteers to do hospice (that she won’t be able to do for a while).

It’s a mess. I thought I was going to be able to make my appointment this week. I don’t know if I’ll get it for the next few months unless the supply gets better. But one I can, better believe I’m going to wait on hold for 10 hours to get it.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Just got a haircut this morning, thanks.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Best thing about the pandemic has been the clippers I struggled to get my hands on (without paying a 300 percent mark up) last March when everyone realized their hair was getting shaggy.

I thought I would be miserably bad at cutting my own hair, but I got pretty good at giving myself a decent little fade (around the balding on top) pretty quickly. I have it down now.

I am going to be able to retire on what I save on haircuts. The only downside is the clean up of the hair, which I hate. But I actually have gotten into the self cuts.

I Should Coco and wicked like this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If people had spent Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks pampering themselves at a salon instead of going to packed houses with families and friends this thing would be all but beaten.

RickStain likes this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Nice. I go to an old school barber shop that is appointment only. Only two barbers and two patrons in at the same time, masked. I am not confident in my ability to cut my own hair.

8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I found a local place run by an Asian family. Never have had to have an appointment, and it's usually been just me and one other customer.

I tipped them well the first time, and ever since I get a neck and head massage every time. I never asked - they just started doing it.

On one hand, it feels creepy. On the other hand, I walk away pretty relaxed!

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Felt bad today because their credit card machine stopped working and I only had enough cash in my wallet (stunning that I had any) to tip $2. I'll way overtip next time to compensate. Hopefully their machine will work by late March, ha.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

11. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I think ramping up vaccine production needs to be the priority now.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Biden has talked about evoking the Defense Production Act. Needs to be done now.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted